Tuesday, March 5, 2013

#Gaming NEWS! Assassin's Creed 4

So a new rumored Assassin's Creed game has not only been confirmed, but also announced and revealed.


Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag it is called, and aimed for a worldwide October 29 release date already.



So how do I feel about that?
Well, as a fan of Ubisoft, and long time Assassin's Creed fan, I'm actually okay with most of it.
I mean, I'd prefer if they continued moving the years forward, and not go back to an earlier setting - story-wise.
But here you'll play as Edward Kenway, father of Haytham from last game - thus Connor's grandfather. I take it they add some trouble selling the fun Native American that was Connor and decided to go back to a British protagonist. That and most people, despite the twist in the last game, preferred Haytham over Connor...
And you couldn't just go back to a Spanish protagonist sailing on the 7 Seas, it wouldn't make much sense for Desmond's lineage.

It's already coming up October this year, and I sincerely hoped for a little break in the series as they promised. I fear that popping those out yearly like a sports game might ruin the "freshness" and ideas they would have had otherwise.

On the other hand it's built upon stuff from AC3.
It takes the naval battles to a whole new level.
60% of the game will take place on land..the rest in the Ocean!!
Visiting places such as the Havana, etc.

And it's based around Pirates.
And that, you know, is always fun!
Famous figures will once again pop up. Such as the infamous Blackbeard!

So far? It sounds really, really fun.
But did the game really require a numeral "4" in the title?
This all sounds more like a spinoff or direct sequel (or prequel!) to AC3.
Like Brotherhood or Revelations were for AC2!

Anyways. I still haven't finished AC3.
I'll judge my level of enthusiasm once I'm done through that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment